Who we are
Guild Living Limited, a limited company registered in England under company number 11701607, whose registered address is Metal Box Factory, Unit GG.122-4, 30 Great Guildford St. London SE1 0HS and whose main trading address is Metal Box Factory, Unit GG.122-4, 30 Great Guildford St. London SE1 0HS (“Guild Living”, “us” or “we”) is the Data Controller over any personal data we process about you for the purposes set out in this privacy notice.
The privacy notice outlines what personal data Guild collects and processes about you in various situations, which we have explained below. In short, such situations may be when you interact with this website www.guildliving.com; when you attend one of our events; when we market to you and any other interaction you have with us via this website, telephone, email (or otherwise) and during which we process your personal data. Our employees and Guild Living Members are covered under separate privacy notices.
If you have any concerns about your personal data that we may hold or wish to exercise your Data Subject Rights (see below), please message our Data Protection Contact by email at [email protected] (Subject Line: ‘FAO: Data Protection Contact’)
What is personal data?
Personal Data: means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
Special Category of Data: means personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation.
When we use the term ‘personal data’ we mean both personal data and special category of data.
The table below sets out what personal data we process about you, where we get it from, why we use it, our legal basis, and who we share it with. Please note that your personal data will be held in the UK and the Netherlands. We will not share your personal data with any other organisation or third parties without seeking your prior consent. Exceptions to this are:
1. Where we are required to share your personal data in accordance with law or any regulatory requirements to which Guild Living is subject or where we are undergoing a corporate restructure;
2. Where necessary, we may share your data with other companies in our corporate group;
3. Where we use third parties to undertake certain activities on our behalf and which involve processing personal data in order to do this. These include HubSpot (our marketing platform supplier). HubSpot holds our data in secure servers in The Netherlands. The UK deems the EEA as having adequate measures in place to protect your personal data. Where we engage third parties and it involves processing personal data on our behalf, we shall undertake appropriate due diligence on our suppliers and ensure appropriate organisational, technical and contractual measures are put in place to protect your personal data; or
4. If stated in the table below.
Where do we get it from?
Will we share it other with our suppliers noted above?
To respond to enquiries about us or our services.
Name, Email, other contact information and any personal information you provide to us.
It is in our legitimate interest to respond to your enquiries to the benefit of our business.
To market our services, ideals or aims with a view to converting inquiries and marketing activity into sales for our business.
Name, email address, telephone, address, your requirements relating to residential care or otherwise.
Our legal basis is that it is in our legitimate interest to market our services, ideals or aims. We may also rely on consent for certain marketing activity and where this is the case, we will obtain this from you separately.
To compile statistics about the use of our website including traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales and other information with a view to improving the website, our marketing strategy and for internal system administration.
IP Address; URLs starting with a referring site; information on how you use the website including web browser type, version and operating system; information on any website you leave our website to visit.
Our legal basis for essential cookies is that it is in our legitimate interest to use these to operate the website. For other cookies, we rely on your consent
Is my personal data transferred outside the UK or EEA?
We may sometimes use third party data processors that are located outside of the UK. Our supplier HubSpot (marketing platform) stores some of our data in The Netherlands. The UK deems that the EEA ensures an adequate level of protection for your personal data.
Is my personal data safe?
Guild Living works hard to protect your personal data and has adopted appropriate technical and organisational measures to keep it safe from unauthorised disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to Guild Living via the internet; any transmission is at your own risk.
How can I stop Guild Living from using my personal data for marketing purposes, if I no longer wish to receive communications from Guild Living?
If you no longer wish to receive marketing communication from Guild Living you can unsubscribe within each marketing communication or contact our Data Protection Contact (details above).
How long will Guild Living retain my personal data?
Guild Living will keep your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purpose we obtained it for, or until such time that you withdraw your consent and exercise your right to request that Guild Living stops processing your personal data.
Does Guild Living make any automated decisions about me or profile my personal data?
Guild Living does not make automated decisions about you that produce legal effects for you or significantly affect you.
What are my rights in relation to the personal data Guild Living holds about me?
We have summarised your rights below. Please contact our Data Protection Contact at [email protected] (Subject Line: ‘FAO: Data Protection Contact’) to exercise these.
- If we are relying on your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time, at which point we shall stop processing your personal data in that way. Please note this does not affect the legality of our processing up to the date of your withdrawal of consent.
- You can seek to restrict our processing of your personal data, ask us to rectify any personal data we hold about you or object to us processing your personal data for the purposes stated above.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) if you think that we have infringed your rights. You can find more information about reporting a matter to the ICO at the following link: https://ico.org.uk/
- You have the right to access personal data held by us about you.
- In certain circumstances you have the right to ask us to provide you with your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format to allow you (or us on your behalf) to transmit this information to another party. More information can be found at https://ico.org.uk
- In certain circumstances you have the right to ask us to erase the personal data we hold about you. Such circumstances include (a) where we no longer need your personal data for the purposes set out above; (b) if you withdraw your consent to our processing; (c) if you object to our processing based on our legitimate interest and we have no overriding legitimate grounds to continue processing your personal data; (d) if we process the data unlawfully; or (e) where the personal data has to be erased to comply with legal obligation to which we are subject. We will consider any such request in line with applicable data protection laws. Please note this is not an absolute right and there may be circumstances where we choose not to delete all of the personal data we hold about you. More information about your right of erasure can be found at https://ico.org.uk
Third Party Links
Guild Living’s website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy notices and that Guild Living does not accept any responsibility or liability for these notices or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these notices before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
Changes to Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice. However, any changes we may make to our privacy notice in the future will be communicated to you in some manner. This privacy notice was last updated in October 2021.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy notice are welcomed and should be addressed to our Data Protection Contact (details above). Please ensure that your query is clear, and uses the email subject line: ‘FAO: Data Protection Contact’, particularly if it is a request for information about the data we hold about you.