Bath: Coming Soon
Our research will benefit our City, but also our nation and society.
Professor Julie Barnett, University of Bath
We will offer fresh, new and vibrant later living options in Bath.
Professor Malcolm Johnson, University of Bath
We're changing the way older people will spend the third part of life.
Eugene Marchese, Guild Living
We are creating adaptable spaces where people can age in place.
Stuart Dean, Marchese Partners
Guild Living is coming to Bath.
Following the recent granting of planning consent, we are pleased to confirm that Guild Living will be coming to Bath. Thank you to everyone who has supported us so far.
As you can imagine, we have a lot of work to do to deliver the next generation of later living in Bath – and we are very excited to get started.
As soon as we have any updates regarding the community, we will post them here. In the meantime, sign up for our newsletter to be the first to hear the latest news and developments.
Why Guild Living at Bath
Open To all.
According to Bath & North East Somerset Council, a large increase in the number of older people is expected in the area. Between 2016 and 2029 the number of people aged 75 and over in the local population is projected to increase by 36% (from 16,600 to 22,600 respectively). The number of 90 years and over in the local population is projected to increase from 2,000 to 2,500 during the same period. These increases will mean that services for older people are likely to experience further increases in demand.
Active and Independent.
According to B&NES, there are many anticipated impacts as a result of Bath’s ageing population, including requirements for people to work longer, additional strain on healthcare (particularly from long-term conditions) and difficulty enabling more people to live independently. These are laid out in the Parliamentary Select Committee report. It is vital that we allow older people to remain active and independent in society for as long as possible.
Regenerating the Western Riverside.
Guild Living’s community is situated in the heart of Bath, offering access to the rich tapestry of cultural heritage the city has to offer. We will also offer on-site facilities ‒ including a bar, restaurant, and wellness centre ‒ that will be open to residents and the wider public, to create a truly intergenerational space. Through these spaces, Guild Living will reinstate older people at the heart of our lives and communities. Guild Living is delivering academically-led, innovative ways to live independently in the heart of towns and city centres.
Open to all.
Our facilities will be open to the local community. We will actively encourage people to join the Guild, inviting them in to use the facilities and bring life to the public spaces and amenities.
Welcoming arrival areas.
Distinctive architecture and interiors help create a welcoming and familiar community.
CAFÉ AND RESTAURANT.
A communal café, restaurant and amenities to encourage social interaction with friends and family will be open to the wider community.
Quality apartments with flexible open plan interior layouts offering secure assisted living environments. Our self-contained apartments will be available for purchase or rent, targeted at downsizers who want to maintain independence whilst benefiting from individually tailored services and hospitality offerings.
A specialist wellness centre, open to the local community, will provide a gymnasium, hydrotherapy pool and treatment rooms – all with easy access.
The facilities of the Health Hub, which will also be open to the wider local community, will include changing facilities and lounge areas, and space for therapy and treatment.
One-bed suites offering temporary assistance for patients who have been in hospital but cannot be looked after at home, helping to reduce the amount of time people stay in hospital and the pressure on our busy NHS services. In addition, the suites will offer longer-term higher support for those with greater needs.
FLEXIBLE COMMUNAL SPACES.
Amenity spaces include a library, arts & crafts and multi-faith room, providing on-site variety and individual choice for Guild Members.
Landscaped public areas that encourage connectivity through the site and quality outdoor spaces that bring the outdoors to the doorsteps of residents.
- Our facilities will be open to the local community.
- We will actively encourage people to join us at Guild Living, inviting them in to bring life to the public spaces and amenities.
- Guild Living is a place to live well, where all generations come together to enable older people to live their best lives.
- Quality apartments with flexible open-plan interior layouts offering secure assisted living environments.
- Our self-contained apartments will be available for purchase or rent, targeted at downsizers who want to maintain independence.
- All apartments benefit from individually-tailored services, support, and hospitality offerings.
- A café and restaurant located within the Guild Living community.
- To encourage social interaction with friends and family, they will be open to the wider community.
- A welcoming environment, with nutritionally-tailored meals to support Member's wellbeing.
- A specialist Wellness Centre, open to all Members.
- Provides a gymnasium, hydrotherapy pool and treatment rooms.
- Supports physical health and wellbeing.
- Includes changing facilities and lounge areas, as well as space for therapy and treatment.
- Treatments developed in partnership with later living experts, and global experts.
- Supports holistic health and wellbeing for all.
FLEXIBLE COMMUNAL SPACES.
- Amenity spaces include a library, arts and crafts, and spiritual space.
- Provides on-site variety and individual choice for Guild Members.
- Encourages links with wider community to create a truly intergenerational space.
- The community will offer landscaped public areas.
- Encourages connectivity through the site and provides quality outdoor, green spaces.
- Brings the outdoors to the doorsteps of Members.
Get all the latest news.
Sign up to our newsletter to hear the latest news, developments and updates about our new Walton-on-Thames community.
Bath: Get the Latest News
Sign up to hear the latest news and updates about our upcoming Bath community.