Guild Living is coming to Uxbridge.
Following the recent granting of planning consent by Hillingdon Council, we are pleased to confirm that Guild Living will be coming to Uxbridge. Thank you to everyone who has supported us so far.
As you can imagine, we have a lot of work to do to deliver the next generation of later living in Uxbridge – and we are very excited to get started.
As soon as we have any updates regarding the community, we will post them here. In the meantime, sign up for our newsletter to be the first to hear the latest news and developments.
Why Guild Living at Uxbridge
The new community will see the redevelopment of the 2.3 acre site currently occupied by Halfords and Wickes, just off the Harefield Road. The community’s urban location will enable older people to live independently with its close transport links to central London. The community will also be within walking distance to Uxbridge Common and close to the high street, increasing footfall and boosting local spending. Guild Living communities are set in vibrant, town-centre environments – and after development, we stay on as the operator, contributing to the local community and providing first-class facilities. Our communities combine high-quality, purpose-built design with academically-led wellness programmes and activities, supporting happy and healthy ageing.
A Part of the Community.
Our Uxbridge community will be suited in the heart of the town centre, to increase the social connectedness of members. The community itself will include a new, vibrant restaurant, wellness centre, and retail space – all publicly-accessible to local Uxbridge residents to encourage genuine multi-generational living. Contrary to the perceived norm of typical retirement homes, we will create genuinely outward-facing environments. What this means is supporting older residents to meet and engage with people of all ages, and remain rooted in and a part of the community. Our location will give residents easy and convenient access to the town centre’s vibrant restaurant and bar, leisure, and retail facilities ‒ to reinstate older people in the heart of our community and in our lives.
Addressing Local Needs.
Guild Living at Uxbridge will also address the demands of the local population. According to the 2011 Census, a third of the Hillingdon’s population – more than 78,000 people – are aged 50 or over. Despite being considered a ‘young’ city, Greater London is home to 1.1m over-65s according to Age UK. This figure is projected to increase by 86% in the next 30 years, underlining the pressing need for more purpose-built housing for older people. Just 2.5% of the UK’s 29m dwellings are defined as ‘retirement housing’, according to research published by the Centre for the Study of Financial Innovation (CSFI), but the number of purpose-built homes offering care services is far less, at around 0.7% according to the Urban Land Institute.
Our community will not only combine beautiful architecture and interiors but will also focus on ground-breaking and academically-accredited wellness programmes and activities, to support ageing happily, healthily and enabling members to live their best later lives.
Those who live in a Guild Living community will be able to live independently and have the option of flexible and supportive assistance as and when needed. Our communities will also help to combat loneliness and isolation. In England, more than 2 million people over the age of 75 live alone and more than a million people go for a month without speaking to a friend, family member or neighbour.
Open to All.
Our facilities will be open to the local community. We will actively encourage people to join the Guild, inviting them in to use the facilities and bring life to the public spaces and amenities.
Welcoming arrival areas.
Distinctive architecture and interiors help create a welcoming and familiar community.
CAFÉ AND RESTAURANT.
A communal café, restaurant and amenities to encourage social interaction with friends and family will be open to the wider community.
Quality apartments with flexible open-plan interior layouts. Our self-contained apartments will be available for purchase or rent, targeted at downsizers who want to maintain independence while benefiting from our care and hospitality services.
TRANSITIONAL CARE SUITES.
One-bed suites offering temporary care for patients who have been in hospital but cannot be looked after at home, helping to reduce the amount of time people stay in hospital and the pressure on our busy NHS services. In addition, the suites will offer longer-term higher care for those with greater needs.
A specialist wellness centre, open to the local community, will provide a gymnasium and treatment rooms – all with easy access.
The facilities of the Health Hub, which will also be open to the wider local community, will include changing facilities and lounge areas, and space for therapy and treatment.
FLEXIBLE COMMUNAL SPACES.
Amenity spaces providing a variety of on-site activities and individual choice for Guild Members.
Landscaped public areas that encourage connectivity through the site and quality outdoor spaces that bring the outdoors to the doorsteps of residents.
- Our facilities will be open to the local community.
- We will actively encourage people to join us at Guild Living, inviting them in to bring life to the public spaces and amenities.
- Guild Living is a place to live well, where all generations come together to enable older people to live their best lives.
- Quality apartments with flexible open-plan interior layouts offering secure assisted living environments.
- Our self-contained apartments will be available for purchase or rent, targeted at downsizers who want to maintain independence.
- All apartments benefit from individually-tailored services, support, and hospitality offerings.
- A café and restaurant located within the Guild Living community.
- To encourage social interaction with friends and family, they will be open to the wider community.
- A welcoming environment, with nutritionally-tailored meals to support Member's wellbeing.
- A specialist Wellness Centre, open to all Members.
- Provides a gymnasium, hydrotherapy pool and treatment rooms.
- Supports physical health and wellbeing.
- Includes changing facilities and lounge areas, as well as space for therapy and treatment.
- Treatments developed in partnership with later living experts, and global experts.
- Supports holistic health and wellbeing for all.
FLEXIBLE COMMUNAL SPACES.
- Amenity spaces include a library, arts and crafts, and spiritual space.
- Provides on-site variety and individual choice for Guild Members.
- Encourages links with wider community to create a truly intergenerational space.
- The community will offer landscaped public areas.
- Encourages connectivity through the site and provides quality outdoor, green spaces.
- Brings the outdoors to the doorsteps of Members.
Get all the latest news.
Sign up to our newsletter to hear the latest news, developments and updates about our new Uxbridge community.
Sign up to our newsletter to hear the latest news, developments and updates about our new community.