Guild Living is coming to Walton-on-Thames.
Following the recent granting of planning consent, we are pleased to confirm that Guild Living will be coming to Walton-on-Thames. Thank you to everyone who has supported us so far.
As you can imagine, we have a lot of work to do to deliver the next generation of later living in Walton – and we are very excited to get started.
As soon as we have any updates regarding the community, we will post them here. In the meantime, sign up for our newsletter to be the first to hear the latest news and developments.
Why Guild Living at Walton
A Part of the Community.
A key focus for all of our later living communities is to increase the social connectedness of members. That’s why our Walton-on-Thames site will be suited in the heart of the town centre. The community itself will include a vibrant restaurant and wellness centre – all accessible to local residents to encourage multi-generational living. We will enable older people to remain at the heart of our community and our lives, retaining a key part of the community that is central to Walton-on-Thames. Contrary to the perceived norm of care homes, we will create genuinely outwardly facing environments. What this means is supporting older residents to meet and engage with people of all ages, and remain rooted in and a part of the community.
Independent Living with Care.
Our community will not only combine beautiful architecture and interiors, but will also focus on ground-breaking and academically accredited wellness programmes and activities, to support ageing happily, healthily and enabling members to live their best later lives. Those who live in a Guild Living community will be able to live independently with supportive care as and when needed. Our communities will also help to combat loneliness and isolation. In England, more than 2 million people over the age of 75 live alone and more than a million people go for a month without speaking to a friend, family member or neighbour.
Addressing Local Needs.
Our plans will also address the demands of the local area’s ageing population. The number of over-65s in Surrey grew by 13% between 2001-2011, with the over-85 population growing by 23% in the same timeframe. In Elmbridge alone, there are 10,350 over-75s with more than one long-term medical condition and 117,263 over-75s within 10 miles of Walton Homebase site. This creates an urgent need for modern, innovative solutions and accommodation to support the growing local demand.
Open to All.
Our facilities will be open to the local community. We will actively encourage people to join the Guild, inviting them in to use the facilities and bring life to the public spaces and amenities.
Welcoming arrival areas.
Distinctive architecture and interiors help create a welcoming and familiar community.
CAFÉ AND RESTAURANT.
A communal café, restaurant and amenities to encourage social interaction with friends and family will be open to the wider community.
Quality apartments with flexible open-plan interior layouts. Our self-contained apartments will be available for purchase or rent, targeted at downsizers who want to maintain independence while benefiting from our care and hospitality services.
TRANSITIONAL CARE SUITES.
One-bed suites offering temporary care for patients who have been in hospital but cannot be looked after at home, helping to reduce the amount of time people stay in hospital and the pressure on our busy NHS services. In addition, the suites will offer longer-term higher care for those with greater needs.
A specialist wellness centre, open to the local community, will provide a gymnasium and treatment rooms – all with easy access.
The facilities of the Health Hub, which will also be open to the wider local community, will include changing facilities and lounge areas, and space for therapy and treatment.
FLEXIBLE COMMUNAL SPACES.
Amenity spaces providing a variety of on-site activities and individual choice for Guild Members.
Landscaped public areas that encourage connectivity through the site and quality outdoor spaces that bring the outdoors to the doorsteps of residents.
- Our facilities will be open to the local community.
- We will actively encourage people to join us at Guild Living, inviting them in to bring life to the public spaces and amenities.
- Guild Living is a place to live well, where all generations come together to enable older people to live their best lives.
- Quality apartments with flexible open-plan interior layouts offering secure assisted living environments.
- Our self-contained apartments will be available for purchase or rent, targeted at downsizers who want to maintain independence.
- All apartments benefit from individually-tailored services, support, and hospitality offerings.
- A café and restaurant located within the Guild Living community.
- To encourage social interaction with friends and family, they will be open to the wider community.
- A welcoming environment, with nutritionally-tailored meals to support Member's wellbeing.
- A specialist Wellness Centre, open to all Members.
- Provides a gymnasium, hydrotherapy pool and treatment rooms.
- Supports physical health and wellbeing.
- Includes changing facilities and lounge areas, as well as space for therapy and treatment.
- Treatments developed in partnership with later living experts, and global experts.
- Supports holistic health and wellbeing for all.
FLEXIBLE COMMUNAL SPACES.
- Amenity spaces include a library, arts and crafts, and spiritual space.
- Provides on-site variety and individual choice for Guild Members.
- Encourages links with wider community to create a truly intergenerational space.
- The community will offer landscaped public areas.
- Encourages connectivity through the site and provides quality outdoor, green spaces.
- Brings the outdoors to the doorsteps of Members.
Get all the latest news.
Sign up to our newsletter to hear the latest news, developments and updates about our new Walton-on-Thames community.
Sign up to our newsletter to hear the latest news, developments and updates about our new community.